Ep 31B: What's the Story Morning Gory? Part II is a mini-update to its predecessor and was released on April 7, 2010. It's name was confirmed on March 29th, 2010 by Dave Castelnuovo in his 'State of the Island' on Touch Arcade. According to Dave and Allan, it was a 'half-update'.
The News Panel is a feature that tells upcoming news about Pocket God, posts from Pocket Blog and Dave's State of the Island (from Touch Arcade), highlights the story editor and skin packs (as some people are unaware of them), and shout-outs to other apps that help Pocket God out.
Story Editor Improvements
The Story Editor received several new features in this episode, one is in the form of 'Events'. These events include:
- Tribal Dance: All the Pygmies will dance at the same time.
- Pygmy Flick: A Pygmy is flicked into the distance.
- Pygmy Throw: A Pygmy is thrown into the water.
- Earthquake: An earthquake occurs.
- Shark Snaps: The shark jumps out of the water and does a shark snap (it snaps it's mouth).
- You can now add animations without the speech bubbles.
- Another default story was added, called "Shake, Shake, Shake"
- A different way to select the Pygmy's state of mind was added
- This the only 'half-episode' in Pocket God, as it isn't a full episode, but a mini-update to its predecessor
- The News Panel feature was suggested to Dave by Igor, of Lima Sky, because it was helpful for 'Doodle Jump' .
- The icon for this episode is quite similar to the previous episode's (Ep 31: What's the Story Morning Gory).
- In 'Ep 31: What's The Story, Morning Gory?', the Pygmies can only be sacrificed in one way in the story editor (explode), but this episode adds more sacrifices for it.
- The new story "Shake, Shake, Shake" references the song "Milkshake" by Kelis, it is in fact the focus of the whole story.
- It appears that Allan Dye and Dave Castelnuovo don't consider this update to be a true episode as they don't have its icon next to all the others on their blog, the Pocket Blog, but it is mentioned as an episode on the Pocket God iTunes page
- In the icon on the news paper it says 'PG news earthquake hits Oog island' and it shows pictures of the earthquake power being done in game.
- This half-episode receives an honorary icon in the Ep. 39 challenge screen. The only task is "check the news".
|Previous episode:||Next episode:|
|What's the Story Morning Gory?||Crack is Wack|